Our team of San Francisco car accident lawyers here at Cutter Law P.C. consists of some of the business’s best attorneys. They each have the education and experience to represent you and your interests in a court of law. We’ve won millions for our clients, as well as several awards for our legal prowess both in and out of the courtroom. So, if you’ve been in a car accident recently, and you require representation, then you’ve come to the right place! Contact our San Francisco car accident lawyers for your no-obligation consultation today. We’re here to take your case.
Why Hire Our San Francisco Car Accident Law Firm?
The San Francisco car accident attorneys that work for us are some of the kindest, most caring, and compassionate legal professionals who fight aggressively for you and your interests in a court of law. Collectively we’ve won millions for our clients and have also won several awards for our legal prowess over the years. Some of the most successful cases at our San Francisco car accident law firm include:
- $1.895 Million – Cyclist – Attorneys Celine Cutter and Todd Walburg
- $678,000 – Pedestrian – Attorney John Roussas
- $596,000 – Motorist – Attorney John R. Parker
Should You File A San Francisco Auto Accident Lawsuit
The short answer is that you should file a San Francisco auto accident injury claim with our firm if you’ve suffered an injury caused by a car accident. Even if you’re unsure whether you have a case, contact us for a consultation regardless. You may have a case and not realize it yet.
That said, there are a few factors that contribute to the most successful San Francisco car accident lawsuits, including:
- Negligent actions caused the accident in question.
- Your accident involved one or more injuries.
- The accident involved one or more fatalities.
- Your car accident involved a public entity (examples of public entities found later in this article).
- Upon recovery from the accident, you could not perform your job or return to your place of employment.
Negligent Actions And How They Apply To Your San Francisco Car Accident Injury Case
Negligent actions are the cornerstone of San Francisco auto accident lawsuits. While the term “negligent actions” is a little bit of legal jargon, all it means is that any action performed by either party failed, in some way, to meet standards established by law or common practice.
So, to clear things up a little more, here are a few examples of common negligent actions in court:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Disobeying posted traffic signs, rules, or laws.
- Running a red light or stop sign.
- Reckless driving.
How Do Our San Francisco Car Accident Attorneys Prove Your Case In Court?
As we briefly touched on above, negligent actions are the cornerstone of car accident law. Yet, that begs the question: how do our San Francisco car accident attorneys prove negligent actions in the courtroom? In short, our attorneys must prove the following four things (in order) in court to win your San Francisco car accident injury claim:
- 1 – The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care. For more information on what constitutes a duty of care in court, follow this link.
- 2 – The defendant breached (or failed) the established duty of care.
- 3 – The defendant’s breach of care caused the accident, injury, or fatality in question.
- 4 – The accident caused damages, injuries, or fatalities that the court deems eligible for compensation. Examples include medical bills, lost wages, etc.
What’s The Statute Of Limitations For Filing Your San Francisco Car Accident Injury Claim?
As with most California laws, there is a statute of limitations for filing your San Francisco car accident injury claim. That statute of limitations is two years after the date of the accident. However, a secondary statute of limitations only applies if your accident involved a public entity or vehicle. The statute of limitations for filing your claim against a public entity is shortened to six months after the date of the accident. Examples of public entities include:
- City and school buses
- State and local government vehicles and entities
- Public trains
- Hospitals and publicly owned ambulances
- Any entity or vehicle of other departments of the government (like a park ranger’s truck, for example)
Get In touch With A Cutter Law P.C. Auto Accident Lawyer In San Francisco Today!
The team of San Francisco car accident lawyers here at Cutter Law P.C. is always standing by to represent you and your interests in a court of law. When you choose our attorneys, you can rest assured that you’re in the best hands possible. So, if you’ve suffered an injury due to a car accident, you’ve come to the right place. Contact us for your no-obligation consultation today!