Santa Rosa Office
51 E Street Santa Rosa, CA 95404
401 Watt Avenue Suite #100 Sacramento, CA 95864
John Roussas is a native of the Sacramento area, having graduated from the University of California at Davis and the University of the Pacific’s prestigious McGeorge School of Law. John has been recognized by his peers and Northern California’s Super Lawyers magazine as a “Rising Star.” Because of his aggressive advocacy and exceptional results, John was elevated to partner with Cutter Law in 2016. John dedicated the first 12 years of his career to defending insurance policyholders, individuals and businesses in a wide array of complex civil cases.
John’s practice was particularly focused on strict product liability, catastrophic job site injuries and construction-related litigation, including complex, multiparty litigation. John successfully defended his clients against multimillion-dollar lawsuits and has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients.
In October 2017 John’s family lost their home and a life-time’s memories in the Tubb’s fire. Since then, John has dedicated himself to helping his family, friends, neighbors, and the thousands of people who lost everything to the Northern California fires of 2017. He has successfully helped his clients maximize their recoveries from their own insurance companies so they can start rebuilding their lives, while simultaneously helping them pursue their claims against PG&E.
John now brings his diverse experience as a defense attorney to Cutter Law to help injured people. John understands the perspectives and practices of insurance companies and individual defendants. He is able to use that understanding to help his clients achieve the best possible results in their cases. John’s practice focuses on wildfire litigation, insurance bad faith, medical malpractice, dependent and elder abuse, strict product liability, premises liability, complex litigation, and class actions.
Areas of Practice
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Juris Doctor – 2003
- University of California, Davis, California
- Bachelor of Arts – 2000
- Major: Economics
- Minor: Ancient Civilizations and Philosophy
- University of Athens, Athens, Greece
- University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyers: 2019-2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: 2009-2010
- Super Lawyer: 2019-2022
- State Bar of California, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Green & Hall, Roseville, California, Partner, 2010-2015
- Green & Hall, Roseville, California, Associate, 2006 – 2010
- Porter, Scott, Weiberg & Delehant, Sacramento, California, Associate, 2004 – 2006
- Honorable James L. Stevens Jr., Retired Judge, Yolo County Super. Ct. Davis, California, Clerk, 2002 – 2003