Oakland Brain Injury Lawyers
The team of Oakland brain injury lawyers that work here at Cutter Law P.C. is made up of some of the most caring and successful attorneys in the business. Traumatic brain injuries are, after all, traumatic. They carry the typical losses and damages as most other personal injury cases, as well as take a far higher physical and emotional toll on the injured person and those who care for them. Due to the overly abundant amount of trauma associated with TBIs (Traumatic Brain Injuries), our Oakland brain injury lawyers take extra care when representing the injured in a court of law. With us, you can rest assured that your legal representation is doing everything within their power to make sure you get the justice you deserve. So, if you or a loved one has recently suffered a TBI, then don’t hesitate to contact us for a no-obligation consultation.
Reasons To Contact Our Oakland Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
A disproportionate number of traumatic brain injury survivors require extensive care and are often unable to return to work following their injury. As unfortunate as TBIs (Traumatic Brain Injuries) are, the injury in question only qualifies for a lawsuit if it meets one or more of the following criteria:
- The injured party suffered financial losses due to their injury, including loss of wages, medical bills, and more
- Another person, organization, or product caused the TBI in question
Even if you’re not sure whether your case meets the above criteria, then contact us for a no-obligation concentration. Your situation may still qualify.
Why Trust Oakland Brain Injury Law Firm?
First and foremost, the attorneys at our Oakland brain injury law firm care about our clients. We take the time to make sure each client is as comfortable as possible throughout the entire legal process. Our attorneys fully understand how challenging TBIs can be, and we take pride in how we care for our clients going through these trying moments of their lives.
Besides our caring staff of attorneys, our Oakland brain injury law firm has won millions for our clients. We fight aggressively in the courtroom and have even won awards for our legal prowess in personal injury law. So, when you hire a lawyer from our firm, you can expect to get an attorney that fights aggressively for you while also making sure you’re as comfortable as possible throughout the process. Contact us to learn more about how we fight for you and to get started on your case today.
Common Expenses And Damages Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury Cases In Oakland
During typical traumatic brain injury cases in Oakland, there are three types of damages often associated. Those different types of damages and expenses include:
- Lost wages
- Extensive medical bills
- General pain and suffering experienced
Besides the three general damages listed above, there are several other potential damages and expenses our attorneys could argue in a court of law. However, most other types of damages are exceptionally case-specific, and the only way to know for sure is to contact us to get started with your no-obligation consultation.
The Several Types Of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are several different types of traumatic brain injuries, and they happen for a variety of different reasons. However, the most common causes of TBIs are violence, slips, falls, exposure to chemicals, work hazards, and contact sports (like football).
Since brain injuries vary in scope and level of impairment, medical professionals typically place TBIs into one of the following categories:
- Contusions – The term “contusion” is nothing more than the medical terminology for a bruise. Contusions of the brain often lead to swelling, clots, and hematomas.
- Concussions – Concussions happen when the brain bounces off the inside of the skull. Symptoms include confusion, headache, nausea, vomiting, disorientation, and loss of consciousness.
- Diffuse Axonal – These injuries involve the tearing of nerve tissues within the brain. Symptoms vary depending on the area of the brain injured.
- Coup-Countrecoup – Multiple contusions (bruises) at the site of impact (the coup) and where the brain bounced off the opposite side of the skull (the contrecoup). Symptoms are similar to those for concussions and contusions as listed above.
- Penetration – These TBIs occur whenever a foreign object (or even the patient’s own skull) penetrate one or more areas of the brain. As with diffuse axonal injuries, symptoms vary depending on the area of the brain affected.
Contact Our Oakland Brain Injury Lawyers Today!
Here at Cutter Law P.C., our team of Oakland brain injury lawyers is always standing by to take your case. Our attorneys have earned countless 5-star reviews from clients, and we’ve won millions for them in court. If you or a loved one has recently suffered a traumatic brain injury of any kind, then you’ve come to the right firm. Get in touch with our team of professional, well-educated, and caring Oakland brain injury lawyers to get started with your no-obligation consultation today. We’re always standing by to take your case and fight aggressively for you and your interests in a court of law.