If you’ve recently suffered an injury due to an automobile accident, then contact the team of Tracy car accident lawyers at Cutter Law P.C. for a no-obligation consultation today. We’re always standing by to take your case.
From ongoing medical bills to dealing with insurance and vehicle repairs, dealing with a car accident is no simple feat. Add legal complications, insurance battles, and courtroom appearances to the mix, and you wind up with one nasty, headache-inducing situation. Fortunately, our team of Tracy car accident lawyers is here to help you through each step of the process.
Why Choose Our Tracy Car Accident Law Firm?
Our Tracy car accident attorneys are caring, kind, and compassionate individuals who fight aggressively for our clients in the courtroom. We’ve won millions for our clients across our several areas of practice, and have earned several prestigious awards for our legal prowess. Some of our most successful cases include:
- $1.895 Million – Cyclist – Attorneys Celine Cutter and Todd Walburg
- $678,000 – Pedestrian – Attorney John Roussas
- $596,000 – Motorist – Attorney John R. Parker
Should You File A Tracy Auto Accident Injury Claim?
In short, you should file a Tracy auto accident injury claim through our firm if you suffered an injury due to any car accident. In fact, contact us even if you’re unsure you have a case. We may still be able to help you out.
However, there are a few factors and situations that increase the odds that your case will be successful in a court of law. The most prevalent of those factors and situations include:
- Negligent actions (by either party) caused the accident
- The accident involved injuries
- There were one or more fatalities
- Your accident involved public transportation
- Recovering from the accident left you unable to perform your job or go to work
If your car accident involved one or more of the factors above, then contact us right away. You likely have a case and should file your Tracy auto accident injury claim right away.
Is There A Statute Of Limitations On Filing A Tracy Auto Accident Lawsuit?
Under California law, there are two separate statutes of limitations for filing a Tracy auto accident lawsuit. One statute of limitations states that you have two years after the date of the accident to file a claim. However, if your accident involved a public entity of any kind, you only have six months after the accident’s date to file your claim. Some examples of public entities include:
- Buses (city or school)
- Local or state government vehicles and entities
- Public trains
- Hospitals and publicly owned ambulances
- Any entity or vehicle of other departments of the government (like a park ranger’s truck, for example)
So, due to the separate statutes of limitations, always contact one of our Tracy auto accident lawyers as close to the date of your accident as possible to ensure you file before the state-imposed deadline.
What Are Negligent Actions And How Do They Apply To Your Tracy Car Accident Injury Claim?
Negligent actions are what most legal professionals consider the cornerstone of personal injury law. In short, negligent actions are any action performed by either party that fails to meet standards of behavior established either by law or common practice. Negligent actions also include failures to act or behave according to the same standards.
Okay, that sounds complicated, right? Well, to clarify, here are some examples of commonly cited negligent actions in the courtroom:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Disobeying posted speed limits and traffic laws
- Reckless driving
How Does An Auto Accident Lawyer In Tracy Prove Negligent Actions In The Courtroom?
Okay, as made clear above, it’s imperative an auto accident lawyer in Tracy proves negligent actions in the courtroom. But that begs the question: how do they do that? Well, to prove negligent actions, a car crash attorney in Tracy has to prove the following four things (in order):
- First – The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care.
- Second – The defendant failed (or breached) their duty of care.
- Third – The breach of care caused the accident
- Forth – The accident caused damages eligible for compensation (medical bills, lost wages, etc.)
If a car accident lawyer in Tracy can successfully prove the four things above, then they have a strong chance of winning the case in question.
Contact Our Tracy Car Accident Lawyers Today!
The team of Tracy car accident lawyers here at Cutter Law P.C. is always standing by to represent you and your interests in a court of law. When you choose our attorneys, you can rest assured that you’re in the best hands possible. So, if you’ve suffered an injury due to a car accident, you’ve come to the right place. Contact us for your no-obligation consultation today!