The team of Tracy bicycle accident lawyers at Cutter Law P.C. are always the attorneys to choose. They have the extensive education, experience, and caring attitude necessary to handle your case in a court of law. Our attorneys have won millions for our clients, including a recent $1.9 million payout to a bicyclist injured in Sonoma County (represented by our very own Celine Cutter). We’ve also won several awards for our legal prowess. We always come highly recommended by our droves of satisfied clients. So, if you’ve suffered an injury due to a bicycle accident on a public roadway, then you’ve come to the right law firm. Contact our Tracy bicycle accident law firm to schedule a no-obligation consultation today!
When Should You Contact A Bicycle Accident Lawyer In Tracy?
In short, if you’ve suffered an injury due to a bicycle accident caused by another person, vehicle, or roadway hazard, then you should contact a bicycle accident lawyer in Tracy from our firm. However, some circumstances help your case hold water in the courtroom, including the following:
How Our Lawyers Prove Negligent Actions Caused Your Bicycle Accident Injury In Tracy
Proving negligent actions caused the bicycle accident injury in Tracy is the cornerstone of personal injury law as a whole. To prove negligent actions, our Tracy bicycle accident lawyers must prove the following four things first:
- 1 – The party that caused the accident owed a “duty of care” to the victim.
- 2 – That the driver breached their established duty of care.
- 3 – That the perpetrator’s breach of care caused the accident in question.
- 4 – The accident caused injury, damages, or harm to either party involved.
Here Are A Few Humbling Statistics Surrounding Bicycle Accidents In Tracy (And Throughout California)
With the following statistics, keep in mind that we’re not trying to scare you away from riding your bike; quite the contrary, in fact. If you enjoy riding, then, by all means, continue doing so. It’s a healthy and eco-friendly way to travel. However, that doesn’t mean that riding is a perfectly safe thing to do. Here are some humbling statistics surrounding bicycle accidents in Tracy and throughout California as a whole:
- 41% of bicycle accidents involving cars take place at intersections (FHWA).
- Nearly 12.6 bicyclists dies in collisions with motor vehicles in California every year (Berkeley).
- From 2013 to 2017, Sacramento County reported 2,851 bicycle collisions and 56 deaths (California Office of Traffic Safety).
- The average for bicycle accidents in California is 1,060 accidents per year (California Office of Traffic Safety).
How Can You Ride Safely In Tracy
Following these safety tips can go a long way towards preventing a catastrophic injury the next time you’re out riding your bike:
- Keep an eye on cars, other drivers, and other bicycle riders wherever you ride.
- Always be prepared to brake quickly and suddenly when approaching an intersection.
- Remember that having the right of way doesn’t mean that a resulting accident is any less likely to cause injury or death.
- Be careful of car and truck blind spots.
- When sharing the road with other cyclists, ensure you ride in a single file line, even if there’s a dedicated bicycle lane.
- Create an escape route in your mind’s eye throughout your ride. Doing so might save your life.
- Never pass on the right, in an intersection, or near a driveway.
- Follow all traffic laws, and stop at all red lights, stop signs, and intersections.
- Do not assume other drivers can see you.
- Be as highly visible as possible.
- Never dart out into traffic.
Steps To Take If You Face An Injury In A Bicycle Accident In Tracy
If you suffer an injury after a bicycle accident in Tracy, then the first thing to do is remain calm. Try to prevent yourself from panicking, and after you’ve taken a few deep breaths and assessed your situation, follow the following steps:
- Gather Information – Gather as much information regarding the accident as you can. This includes things like names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information for all parties involved in the accident.
- Always Call The Police – Start by getting out of harm’s way, and then immediately contact the police. If possible, wait for them to arrive on the scene.
- Speak To An On-Scene Officer – Before you leave, ensure you speak with a police officer. Unfortunately, officers sometimes ignore the cyclist involved in an accident. Don’t let yourself go unheard.
- Document Everything – Write everything down. This includes vehicle information, insurance information, names, phone numbers, addresses, and any pictures and descriptions of the accident you can acquire.
- Get Yourself To A Doctor Or Hospital, Even If You’re Seemingly Unhurt – Always see a doctor following an accident. Even if you don’t think you’ve been hurt in the accident, go to the doctor anyway. You may have suffered unseen injuries. Please don’t risk it. Go to the doctor following any bicycle or vehicle accident.
- Contact Our Tracy Bicycle Accident Lawyers – Once you’ve finished up at the doctors’, contact one of our attorneys for a no-obligation consultation.
Contact Our Team Of Tracy Bicycle Accident Lawyers Today!
Our team of professional, reliable, and affordable Tracy bicycle accident lawyers are always standing by to represent you and your interests in a court of law. Here at Cutter Law P.C., you can rest assured you’ll be taken care of properly. So, if you’ve suffered an injury due to a bicycle accident, then please don’t fret. Simply contact our attorneys for a no-obligation consultation today. We’re here to help.