The Sacramento brain injury lawyers here at Cutter Law P.C. are standing by to represent you and your interests in a court of law. After all, traumatic brain injuries (or TBIs) are, well, traumatic. Besides the typical losses and damages associated with injury cases, traumatic brain injuries often take a far greater toll on the injured person. That’s why our team of brain injury attorneys in Sacramento strive to be some of the most caring individuals in the field. Moreover, we aggressively fight for our clients in the courtroom and always do whatever we can to win for them. So, if you or a loved one has recently survived a traumatic brain injury, then you’ve come to the right firm. Contact our attorneys for a no-obligation consultation today.
Do You Need Our Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys?
An unfortunate fact regarding traumatic brain injuries is that survivors often require extended amounts of care, are unable to return to work, and often need extensive surgeries and other types of expensive medical treatment. However, only traumatic brain injuries caused by another person are typically eligible for a lawsuit. The following two situations often warrant filing a lawsuit and hiring our Sacramento traumatic brain injury attorneys:
- Another person, organization, or product caused the TBI in question
- You’ve suffered financial losses due to your injury, including loss of wages, medical bills, and more
However, even if your injury doesn’t meet the above two qualifications, you may still be entitled to compensation. So, if you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury of any kind, then contact us for a consultation. You may find you’re entitled to damages you wouldn’t have known about otherwise.
Why Should You Hire Our Sacramento Brain Injury Law Firm?
For one, our Sacramento traumatic brain injury attorneys aggressively fight for our clients in the courtroom and help ensure they receive the damages and compensation they rightly deserve.
Additionally, our Sacramento brain injury law firm cares about each of our clients. Also, our attorneys all have the education, experience, and ability to handle any case they come across. We’ve won millions for our clients over the years, and have even won several awards for our extensive legal prowess. Basically, when you hire our firm, you can expect the very best legal representation money can buy, as well as a caring, compassionate staff. Contact our Sacramento brain injury law firm to get started with your no-obligation consultation today.
The Damages Commonly Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury Cases In Sacramento
There are three types of damages typically associated with traumatic brain injury cases in Sacramento. Those types of damages are as follows:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
While those are the three most common types of damages associated with TBI cases, there are others our attorneys could potentially argue for in a court of law. However, those other types of damages vary on several factors and are exceptionally case-specific. So, since they’re so case-specific, you’ll need to talk with one of our Sacramento brain injury lawyers to determine what does and does not apply to your specific injury and case.
Common Types And Symptoms Of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can happen to anyone, at any time, and for under a variety of circumstances. Yet, the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries include violence, contact sports (like football), slips, falls, and exposure to chemicals and other hazards. Typically, doctors place traumatic brain injuries into one of the following types:
- Concussions – When the brain bounces off of the inside of the skull, that’s a concussion. Symptoms of a concussion include confusion, loss of consciousness, headache, nausea, vomiting, and disorientation.
- Contusions – “Contusion” is the medical term for a bruise. Contusions of the brain often cause swelling of the brain, hematomas, and clots.
- Penetration – When a foreign object (like a piece of bone) enters through the skull and damages the brain, that’s a brain penetration injury. With penetration injuries, emergency medical care is always a necessity. Symptoms vary, but often include heavy bleeding from the head or ears, seizures, breathing problems, loss of feeling, paralysis, loss of consciousness, and coma.
- Diffuse Axonal – The term “diffuse axonal” refers to the tearing of nerve tissues in the brain. Symptoms of diffuse axonal injuries vary depending on the area of the brain affected. These injuries are severe, and often cause widespread brain damage, coma, and death.
- Coup-Contrecoup – Multiple contusions (bruises) at the site of impact (the coup) and where the brain bounced off the opposite side of the skull (the contrecoup). Symptoms are similar to those for concussions and contusions as listed above.
Contact Our Brain Injury Attorneys In Sacramento For A No-Obligation Consultation
The team of professional Sacramento brain injury lawyers here at Cutter Law P.C. are always standing by to take your case. Everyone on our staff genuinely cares about each one of our clients, and we aggressively fight for you and your best interests in a court of law. As mentioned above, we’ve won millions for our clients, and always do whatever we can to help you through these trying and difficult times. So, if you or a loved one has recently suffered a brain injury of any kind, then you’ve come to the right firm. Contact our team of Sacramento brain injury lawyers to get started with your no-obligation consultation today!