The team of expert Sacramento construction accident lawyers at Cutter Law P.C. are fully aware of how demanding careers in construction and the trades can be. Our attorneys are also mindful that construction jobs are inherently dangerous. From operating heavy machinery to working hundreds to thousands of feet in the air, construction jobs are inherently dangerous. Due to that inherent danger, construction injuries and accidents are all too commonplace. Fortunately, thanks to the attorneys at our construction accident law firm in Sacramento, you can rest assured that if you suffer an accident, you’ll have the legal representation you deserve at your beck and call. So, if you’ve suffered a Sacramento construction site injury of any kind, then please, don’t hesitate to contact us for a no-obligation consultation. Remember, we’re here to aggressively fight for you and your interests in a court of law.
What Makes Our Construction Site Accident Lawyers In Sacramento The Ones For You?
In short, what makes our construction site accident lawyers in Sacramento the best ones for the job is experience. We’ve helped several people in similar situations. From electrical injuries to heavy machinery injuries and everything in between, we have you covered. Our attorneys have the education, experience, and attitude to aggressively represent you and your interests in a court of law. Moreover, we’ve won millions for our clients, and have even earned several awards for our legal prowess from some of the most reputable groups in the field of law. So, if you’ve suffered an injury on a construction site, regardless of the circumstances, contact our construction site accident lawyers in Sacramento for a no-obligation consultation. After all, you might have a case and not even realize it yet.
Common Questions Asked Of Our Construction Accident Law Firm In Sacramento
As a construction accident law firm in Sacramento, people and clients ask us many questions regarding the intricacies of construction accident injury law. However, for the sake of brevity, we’ll only list and answer our most frequently asked questions today. If you have questions that aren’t answered on this page, then feel free to contact our construction accident law firm in Sacramento. We’d be more than happy to help make sense of this complicated process.
What Should You Do In The Event Of A Sacramento Construction Site Injury?
If you’ve suffered a Sacramento construction site injury, then do the following:
- 1 – Report the injury to your employer or supervisor.
- 2 – Document every detail about the accident. Take pictures, notes, and collect statements from witnesses (if possible).
- 3 – Contact our Sacramento construction accident lawyers for a no-obligation consultation.
Who’s Liable In Construction Accidents In Sacramento?
Due to the inordinate complexity in the construction industry, it can be difficult to determine liability in construction accidents in Sacramento. Also, several different people work on construction sites. For example, depending on the circumstances of the accident, liability can fall on any of the following people:
- The company the plaintiff works for
- Direct supervisor(s)
- Insurance providers
- Safety inspectors
- Property owners
- Construction managers
- Material suppliers
- Equipment manufacturers
Can You Collect Workers’ Compensation And File A Construction Accident Lawsuit Simultaneously?
The short answer here is, usually, a resounding “yes.” However, that “yes” only applies if your employer’s worksite was insured by a third party insurance provider. If a third party provider insured your worksite, then you can file a construction accident lawsuit in Sacramento while you’re already collecting workers’ compensation.
Okay, that answer was probably a little bit confusing. Let’s see if we can clear it up a bit. In most situations, you can both collect workers’ compensation and file a construction accident injury lawsuit. However, if you’re unsure if your particular situation applies to the rule mentioned above, then contact us. We can help you determine if you’re eligible for both workers’ compensation and to file a lawsuit.
Is There A Statute Of Limitations On Sacramento Construction Site Injury Claims?
The statute of limitations on Sacramento construction site injury claims is the same as it is for all other personal injury lawsuits. According to California Law, that statute of limitations is two years from the date of the injury. However, if the plaintiff didn’t discover their injury right away, then the statute of limitations is one year from the date of discovery.
The Most Common Types Of Construction Accidents In Sacramento
There are several different types of injuries suffered due to construction accidents in Sacramento. Some of the most common types of accidents and injuries include:
- Back Injuries – Injuring your back on the construction site is incredibly common. Back injuries on the site are often contributed to things like falls and heavy machinery (crushing).
- Broken/Fractured Bones and Muscle Injuries – Breaking/fracturing bones and muscle injuries (like sprains) are other incredibly common construction site accidents. After all, construction often involves heavy lifting and heavy machinery. So, it’s clear why broken bones and muscle injuries are so common at the construction site.
- Cuts And Lacerations – Since construction often involves using sharp tools and materials, cuts and lacerations are common.
- Loss of Limb – Again, due to heavy machinery, sharp tools, and dangerous materials, loss of limb (or digit) is common on the construction site.
- Hearing and Vision Injuries – Sudden noises, regular exposure to loud sounds, sharp materials, chemicals, and other common issues on any construction site. Even though they’re commonplace, those previously mentioned things often cause serious hearing in vision injuries.
Contact Our Sacramento Construction Accident Lawyers For A Consultation Today!
Here at Cutter Law P.C., we pride ourselves on providing the very best legal representation around. Our attorneys truly care about our clients, and have the education and the outstanding reputation you can count on to represent you and your interests in a court of law. So, if you’ve recently suffered a construction accident, then please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d be more than happy to provide you with a no-obligation consultation for your case.