Roseville Bicycle Accident Lawyers
The team of Roseville bicycle accident lawyers at Cutter Law P.C. are always standing by to represent you in a court of law. They have the education, experience, and caring attitude required to win in the courtroom. Our attorneys have won millions for our clients, and our firm has won several awards for our legal prowess over the years. For example, our very own Celine Cutter recently won a $1.9 million payout for the victim of a bicycle accident in Sonoma County (learn more about that case here). Moreover, we’ve earned countless 5-star reviews from satisfied clients and ensure you’re as cared for as possible throughout the entire stressful process. If you recently suffered a bicycle accident injury in Roseville, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our attorneys are always standing by to offer you a no-obligation consultation. Call today!
Do You Need A Bicycle Accident Lawyer In Roseville?
No matter the cause, you should contact our attorneys if you suffered an injury due to a bicycle accident on a public road. However, there are a few situations that help your case succeeded in court, including:
- Vehicle Driver Negligence: Examples of vehicle driver negligence include failing to follow posted road signs, failing to stop at a stoplight or intersection, running a red light, speeding, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Bicycle Rider Negligence: Examples of bicycle rider negligence include failing to obey traffic laws, aggressive riding, and riding a bicycle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol (bicycle are considered vehicles, and it is illegal and unsafe to operate them under the influence).
Proving Negligent Actions Caused Your Bicycle Accident Injury In Roseville In Court
For your case to succeed in court, or attorneys must prove negligent actions caused your bicycle accident injury in Roseville. To prove negligent actions, our attorneys must prove the following four things to a judge and jury:
- 1 – The party that cuased the accident owed a “duty of care” to the victim.
- 2 – That the driver breached their established duty of care.
- 3 – That the perpetraitor’s breach of care caused the accident in question.
- 4 – The accident caused injury, damages, or harm to either party involved.
Some Statistics Surrounding Bicycle Accidents In Roseville
Riding your bicycle, especially these days, is getting incredibly dangerous. In fact, bicycle accidents are on the rise in California as a whole. Some staistics surrounding bicycle accidents in Roseville include:
- Nearly 12.6 bicyclists dies in collisions with motor vehicles in California every year (Berkeley).
- From 2013 to 2017, Sacramento County reported 2,851 bicycle collisions and 56 deaths (California Office of Traffic Safety).
- The average for bicycle accidents in California is 1,060 accidents per year (California Office of Traffic Safety).
- 41% of bicycle accidents involving cars take place at intersections (FHWA).
Riding Safely In Roseville
As we said before, riding your bicycle is getting increasingly dangerous throughout Californai. So, to help, our attorneys compiled the following safety list to help you ride safely throghout Roseville and the rest of the state:
- Always watch all other drivers on the road.
- Prepare to brake quickly when nearing an intersection.
- Having the right of way doesn’t mean that an accident is any less likely to cause an injury or death.
- Stay out of car blind spots.
- Always ride in a single file line when sharing the road with other cyclists.
- Have an escape route in the back of your mind at all times.
- Never pass a car on the right in an intersection or near driveways.
- Always ride in the direction of traffic.
- Stop at stop signs and red lights.
- Use hand signals when turning or stopping.
- Always assume that cars can’t see you.
- Never dart out into traffic, even if you have the right of way. Remember, you can be dead right.
- Be highly visible. Dress in bright and reflective clothing, and don’t be afraid to use head and tail lights on your bike.
What To Do If You’re Injured In A Bicycle Accident
If you’re injured in a bicycle accident in Roseville, then the first thing you should remember is to remain calm and to try and not panic. After you’ve taken a few deep breaths and assessed the situation, do the following, and you’ll be alright:
- Gather Information – Gather as much information regarding the accident as you can. This includes things like names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information for all parties involved in the accident.
- Call The Police – Contact the police and, if possible, wait for them to arrive on the scene. This is important, even if no one was injured in the accident.
- Speak To An Officer At The Scene – Before you leave the scene, make sure you speak with an officer. Sometimes officers ignore the cyclist involved in an accident. Don’t let yourself go unheard.
- Document Everything – Write everything down. This includes vehicle information, insurance information, names, phone numbers, addresses, and any pictures and descriptions of the accident you can acquire.
- Head to the Doctor – Always see a doctor following an accident. Even if you don’t think you’ve been hurt in the accident, go to the doctor anyway. You may have suffered unseen injuries. Please don’t risk it. Go to the doctor following any bicycle or vehicle accident.
- Contact Our Roseville Bicycle Accident Lawyers – Once you’ve finished up at the doctors’, contact one of our attorneys for a no-obligation consultation.
Contact Our Roseville Bicycle Accident Lawyers Today!
Our team of professional, reliable, and affordable Roseville bicycle accident lawyers are always standing by to represent you and your interests in a court of law. Here at Cutter Law P.C., you can rest assured you’ll be taken care of properly. So, if you’ve suffered an injury due to a bicycle accident, then please don’t fret. Simply contact our attorneys for a no-obligation consultation today. We’re here to help.