Free Case Evaluation
Personal injuries have a devastating effect on victims and their family members. The pain caused by your injury likely affects your quality of life and the ability to carry out daily activities.
You may even suffer psychological trauma as a result of someone else’s careless or malicious behavior. Moreover, you likely need resources to pay for your treatment, which could be costly. Still, your injuries affect your ability to earn money to pay for treatment.
You should not suffer physically, emotionally, or financially because of someone else’s careless, reckless, or malicious actions. Our goal always holding the person or party responsible whose negligence caused your personal injury.
Filing a Sacramento personal injury lawsuit not only helps you recover lost finances due to your injury, but it also helps compensate you for the harm done to you. Furthermore, personal injury lawsuits discourage the party who harmed you from hurting other people.
Cutter Law’s Sacramento personal injury attorneys have years of experience successfully representing our personal injury clients. We’ve always been there for our clients, helping them obtain hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation.
Our nationally respected Sacramento personal injury lawyers are highly knowledgeable and skilled at investigating complex Sacramento personal injury claims, negotiating high profile settlements, and trying complicated cases in court.
Whether your injury occurred as the result of a car crash, construction accident, or become medical malpractice, Sacramento injury attorney at our firm aggressively fights for you. We provide compassionate, personalized service for you, so you can focus on the things that matter most: your recovery and your family.
Contact a Sacramento personal injury lawyer at Cutter Law today by filling out our online contact form or calling us at 916-290-9400.
Sacramento Personal Injury Claims
Injuries occur in several different ways. However, what matters in a personal injury case is that someone else caused your harm while they also had a legal duty to prevent that harm. Here are some examples of common Sacramento personal injury claims:
- Automobile collisions: Sacramento motor vehicle accidents are traumatic for the people involved. Motorists on the road have a duty to drive safely and not engage in any reckless behavior while behind the wheel of their car. If someone speeding, driving recklessly, driving while under the influence, or otherwise operating their vehicle in an unsafe manner, caused your car accident, then contact a car accident attorney today. You may be eligible for compensation, even if you are partially to blame for your accident.
- Construction accidents: Construction workers are at extreme risk of on-the-job injuries. The brave men and women who work in construction face numerous hazards and difficult working conditions daily. Your employer must ensure a safe workplace. If your injury happened while working on a construction site, you may have to file a workers’ compensation claim. Still, you may also be eligible to file a personal injury or product liability lawsuit. Our lawyers can advise you of your legal options.
- Defective products: Companies that produce and market products are responsible for ensuring that their products are safe for their intended use. Regardless of the size of the company providing the item, if you’re injured by a product and that injury is linked to the company’s negligence or intentional misconduct, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Medical malpractice: Medical errors kill approximately 200,000 Americans each year and injure countless more. In fact, medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the U.S. Such errors are catastrophic for patients and put their life and health at risk. Medical professionals must be held accountable for the preventable mistakes they make.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are devastating for newborns and their families. Complications with birth such as lack of oxygen, high blood pressure, and nerve damage often have long-term health consequences.
- Premise liability: Premises liability includes dog bites, slip and fall accidents, and other such injuries. Property owners are responsible for ensuring their premises are safe and hazard-free for you while you are on the property.
Do you need help filing Sacramento personal injury claims? If so, contact the Sacramento personal injury attorneys here at Cutter Law today!
Our Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys Provide Representation for These Common Injuries
As with the several types of Sacramento personal injury claims listed above, there is an equally extensive list of common injury types that our lawyers can help with. Some common injuries suffered in Sacramento personal injury lawsuits include:
- Wrongful death: The death of a loved one is always traumatic, but when someone else’s actions cause that death, it can be stressful and overwhelming. Cutter Law knows that no amount of money can bring your family members back. Still, a lawsuit can help to hold wrongdoers accountable for their actions.
- Traumatic brain injury: A traumatic brain injury can have a catastrophic effect on your life. Brain injuries can lead to lifelong issues with memory, cognitive abilities, and even mood changes and personality shifts. Severe brain injuries will prevent you from working and decrease your quality of life. You may require lifelong medical treatment and therapy as a result of a traumatic brain injury. A brain injury can be anything from a mild concussion to permanent brain damage. Motor vehicle accidents cause approximately half of all brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injury: Much like a traumatic brain injury, a spinal cord injury is often devastating. In addition to lifelong medical care, you may need to move to an accessible home or renovate your home to make it available for you. Your ability to work and carry out regular activities is affected. Spinal cord injuries may result in some loss of movement or sensation, or they may result in full paralysis.
- Paralysis: Paralysis refers to the loss of muscle function in part of the body. It can occur in one area, or it can occur throughout the body.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the head and neck undergo rapid back and forth movement. Whiplash is similar to what a person would experience in a rear-end motor vehicle accident. It can cause chronic pain and other long-term effects and is often associated with a traumatic brain injury.
- Broken bones: Broken bones can be debilitating and can cause financial setbacks. Even after the bone itself heals, you may face lifelong pain. If someone else’s actions caused your broken bone, you might be eligible to file for financial compensation for your injury.
Accidents happen. Unfortunately, entirely foreseeable and preventable accidents happen far too often. Injuries caused in an accident or by someone else’s negligence have an immediate effect on the victim, and they also impact the family. Loved ones may have to step in to provide care or give emotional support. They often have to fulfill the responsibilities the injured person cannot.
The time following a personal injury is stressful for everyone affected. That’s why it is so essential to hire an accident attorney you can trust. We are here to help you get your life back after your Sacramento personal injury.
Don’t automatically accept the insurance company’s offer—Contact a Sacramento injury attorney today
If someone else’s negligence caused your personal injury in Sacramento, an insurance company would likely reach out to you to try to get you to settle. They may act as though they are your friends, but their goal is to encourage you to settle for the lowest amount possible.
Insurance companies may use a variety of manipulative and unethical tactics to coerce you into accepting a low amount from them. They will claim your injury was pre-existing or caused by something other than the accident. Insurance companies will argue that you are faking your injury or that it isn’t as severe as you say it is. They may try to prove the accident was your fault.
The attorneys at Cutter Law help clients who have dealt with a range of bad faith insurance practices. We have a successful track record of standing up to insurance companies and holding them accountable for their unethical actions.
Our lawyers will ensure you and prepare you to deal with insurance companies. You will, where possible, talk to the insurance companies on your behalf.
Don’t fall for the insurance company’s tactics. Contact one of the highly respected attorneys at Cutter Law today.
Sacramento Personal Injury Information
Sacramento County has a population of more than 1.4 million people. Cities within Sacramento County include Sacramento, Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Isleton, and Rancho Cordova. Interstate 5 and Interstate 80 also run through Sacramento County, bringing a massive amount of traffic to the area.
Within the county, there were more than 12,800 car crash victims injured or killed in 2016. Alcohol was involved in 1,311 injuries or fatalities, and 3,309 speed-related collisions resulted in death or injury.
The city of Sacramento has a population of approximately 500,000 people. Drivers are at an elevated risk of car accidents in Sacramento, with the city having some of the highest crash rates among large cities in California. Unfortunately, Sacramento ranks high for alcohol-related crashes and speed-related injury crashes.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a Sacramento car accident, contact one of Cutter Law’s car accident attorneys today.
Additional contact information:
- The Sacramento Police Department
- Sacramento Emergency Numbers (including police departments in Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Rancho Cordova, and Sacramento)
Do I need a Sacramento injury attorney near me?
You need an attorney who is willing to fight aggressively to ensure you receive the maximum compensation you’re entitled to. In fact, an attorney with an in-depth knowledge of the various laws that can affect your accident claim is paramount to your success in a court of law.
If you have suffered severe injuries, you need a compassionate attorney who is willing and able to meet with you at a comfortable, accessible location.
Furthermore, the location of the attorney’s office is less important than their skills, qualifications, knowledge, and resources.
Sacramento personal injury lawsuits
The Sacramento personal injury attorneys at Cutter Law have extensive experience representing people hurt in Sacramento County. Here are just a few of the successful lawsuits our attorneys have been part of:
- $7.6 million to a young woman who suffered a spinal cord injury due to medical malpractice
- $2.5 million for a young woman who was t-boned in a car accident and suffered from occipital neuralgia
- $2.1 million for an older woman who tripped and fell, breaking her wrist and ultimately developing complex regional pain syndrome
- $2 million for a family who was t-boned in a car crash at an intersection
Don’t hire an inexperienced Sacramento injury attorney
Just as an experienced attorney at a Sacramento personal injury law firm can make a huge difference in maximizing your compensation, an inexperienced attorney can harm your claim.
Experienced attorneys have spent vast hours investigating accidents and have represented victims of accidents similar to yours. They regularly file motions, draft the relevant documents, negotiate with insurance adjustments, and argue cases in court.
The Sacramento personal injury lawyers at Cutter Law have years of experience representing injury victims. We have investigated claims against insurance companies, private individuals, corporations, and public entities.
Our attorneys are just as skilled at negotiating a settlement for their clients as they are at fighting in court for an award.
The Sacramento personal injury lawyers at Cutter Law are highly qualified and experienced in accident injury lawsuits. We offer personalized service and put our full resources and energy into each case we take on. Our firm is here to help you.
The attorneys on our team have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our Sacramento clients. Clients who have been injured in a wide range of accidents. We’re tireless in our pursuit of Sacramento personal injury claims, and we refuse to back down.
Cutter Law works on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay us a fee if we successfully obtain financial damages for you. Our initial no-obligation consultation is free.
We are a top-rated Sacramento personal injury law firm with attorneys who have been repeatedly recognized by their peers as Super Lawyers. Our Sacramento personal injury attorneys have received a 10.0 Avvo rating and are peer-rated for professional excellence.
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury, we invite you to contact us today to speak with one of our Sacramento attorneys. Find out why our clients trust us during their most difficult times.
Contact Cutter Law for a free, no-obligation legal consultation.
Contact Our Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, contact the Sacramento personal injury lawyers at our Sacramento office today for a no-obligation consultation to evaluate your claim. Call us (916) 290-9400 or fill out a contact form today.
At Cutter Law P.C., we represent clients throughout the Sacramento area who have been injured in a wide range of accidents. If you are interested in speaking to one of our Sacramento personal injury attorneys in a no-cost consultation, please complete our online contact form.
Personal Injury FAQ
Every personal injury case is unique, but some questions are frequently asked. For specific information about your claim, please contact one of our Sacramento personal injury attorneys.
Can I file a personal injury lawsuit?
If someone else’s negligence, careless, or malicious behavior caused you harm, then you are likely able to file a Sacramento personal injury claim. An experienced accident attorney at Cutter Law can review the details of your case and advise you of your rights.
Whom would I file a Sacramento personal injury lawsuit against?
Whom you file your Sacramento personal injury lawsuit against depends on the nature of the accident that caused your injuries. Skilled Sacramento personal injury lawyers will investigate your claim thoroughly and determine which party, or parties, is responsible for the harm done to you. Examples include:
- Commercial property owners
- Residential property owners
- Construction companies
- Other motorists
- The government
- Manufacturers of defective devices
Why should I hire a Sacramento injury attorney?
Your personal injury has likely affected your finances. You may be paying for medical treatment or on-going medical care as a result of your accident. Moreover, you may also not be able to work or enjoy the same activities as you did before your injuries.
You should receive compensation for what you have lost as a result of someone else’s actions or inaction.
At the same time, Sacramento personal injury lawsuits are essential to ensure the people who caused the harm to you do not harm others. In other words, we make sure they’re held accountable for their actions. Unfortunately, some people and organizations only change unethical behavior when forced through a lawsuit.
The Sacramento personal injury lawyers at Cutter Law will be by your side through the entire process. We ensure you have all the information you need to make decisions that are in your best interests. Let our Sacramento personal injury attorneys fight for the compensation you deserve.
What is comparative negligence?
Under California personal injury laws, you can receive compensation for your accident injury even if you were partially to blame for the incident that caused the harm. For example, if you’re found to be 15% responsible for a Sacramento car accident and your car accident settlement was $100,000, you would receive $85,000 of the settlement.
What kind of compensation can I receive for my Sacramento personal injury?
The type of compensation you receive for your injury depends on your accident and the other party’s actions. Compensatory damages exist to pay for your injuries, and any financial losses suffered as a result of the injury, including expenses related to your treatment.
Items that fall under the category of compensatory damages include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of future earnings.
Punitive damages (sometimes called exemplary damages) also exist to punish the wrongdoer and deter them from committing the negligent act again. Generally speaking, punitive damages don’t compensate the plaintiff; they exist to punish the guilty party. This means that the court must believe the defendant acted with malice, oppression, or fraud or extreme recklessness.
My injury doesn’t seem that serious, should I file a Sacramento personal injury lawsuit?
The type of injury you have suffered or the type of accident you have been in is not as important as the fact that someone else’s negligence injured you.
Even if your injury does not seem serious, if someone’s carelessness caused your injury, you’re likely able to file a Sacramento personal injury lawsuit.
What is the statute of limitations on a Sacramento personal injury lawsuit?
It depends on the nature of your accident. For most Sacramento personal injury claims, the statute of limitations is two years from the date you sustained your injury. If the injury is not discovered right away, then it is one year from the date of discovery.
So, if you attempt to file a Sacramento personal injury lawsuit after the statute of limitations has run out, a judge will not hear your case, with specific exceptions.
Sacramento personal injury claims involving public entities, workers’ compensation, and medical malpractice have different rules for filing a Sacramento personal injury lawsuit and a shorter deadline for filing your claim.
For example, the statute of limitations for a medical malpractice claim is one year. Still, you must give 90 days’ notice before filing.
The statute of limitations for a public entity is six months, but you must file an administrative claim first.
Understanding all the deadlines and regulations is often complicated and overwhelming. It’s always best if you contact an experienced personal Sacramento injury attorney sooner rather than later.
The knowledgeable Sacramento personal injury attorneys at Cutter Law’s Sacramento office are available to answer your questions at a no-obligation consultation.
Visit Our Sacramento Office Today!
Sacramento Office401 Watt Avenue Suite #100 Sacramento, CA 95864
Phone: (916) 290-9400
Our office is in the Sierra Oaks neighborhood, at the corner of Watt Avenue and Fair Oaks Boulevard. Furthermore, our office is a white, Spanish-style building with a large fountain outside.
From the west:
- Take US-50 E toward Reno
- Then, take Exit 11 for Watt Avenue
- Next, turn left onto Watt Avenue
- Afterward, make a U-turn at Fair Oaks Boulevard
- Then, take the American River Drive exit
- Finally, our office will be on the right
From the north:
- Take I-80 W toward Sacramento
- Then, take exit 14B-95 toward Watt Avenue
- Next, take a left on Watt Avenue
- Then, follow Watt Avenue for 5.2 miles
- Take the American River Drive exit
- Finally, our office will be on the right
From the east:
- Take US-50 W toward Sacramento
- Then, take exit 11 for Watt Avenue
- Turn right onto Watt Avenue
- Make a U-turn at Fair Oaks Boulevard
- Take the American River Drive exit
- Finally, our office will be on the right
From the south:
- Take CA-99 N toward Sacramento
- Then, take exit 298A to US-50 E
- Next, take exit 11 for Watt Avenue
- After, turn left onto Watt Avenue
- Then, make a U-turn at Fair Oaks Boulevard
- Next, take the American River Drive exit
- Finally, our office will be on the right
Parking: Plenty of free parking is available in the lot by our office. Accessible parking spaces are available, and there is a wheelchair ramp.
If you or a loved one has been injured and wish to speak to a lawyer in a free consultation, please call our Sacramento personal injury lawyers at (916) 290-9400 . Remember, when it comes to reliable personal injury defense, you can always count on the attorneys at Cutter Law P.C.!
More in Personal Injury Lawyer
- Asbestos Injuries
- Brain / Spine Injuries
- Broken Bones Or Amputations
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Construction Injuries
- Crush Injury Attorney
- Defective Medical Devices
- E-Cigarette Lawsuits
- Foot And Ankle Injuries
- Gym Injuries
- How Injuries Happen
- Johnson and Johnson Lawsuit | Does Baby Powder Cause Ovarian Cancer?
- Metal on Metal Hip Replacements
- Nursing Home Negligence & Elder Abuse
- Oakland Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pressure Cooker Lawsuit
- Product Liability
- Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyers
- Soft-Tissue Injuries
- Trampoline Park Injuries
- Uber/Lyft Accident
- USC Sexual Assault Lawsuits
- Wrongful Death
- Birth Injury Lawsuits
- Car Accident Lawyers
- Ultherapy Lawsuit
- Ultherapy FAQ
- Ultherapy Lawsuit Continues
- Personal Injury Blog