We trust our doctors to prescribe medications that help us. And we trust pharmaceutical companies to manufacture drugs that are safe to use.
But what happens when the drugs we are prescribed actually do more harm than good?
We know that most medications have side effects. Minor side effects can include drowsiness, dry mouth, rash, constipation, headache, fatigue, etc. But what about more serious side effects? There are certain prescription drugs that can cause serious harm to the body or even death.
Here are a few of many drugs that are known to have serious side effects:
- Actos: Heart failure and bladder cancer
- Nuplazid: 2,236 reports of adverse events including death
- Pradaxa: Hemorrhaging in the brain and central nervous system
- Risperdal: Gynecomastia (male breast tissue enlargement)
- SSRIs/antidepressants: Autism and birth defects, increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior
- Viagra: Vision loss, heart attack, stroke, increased melanoma risk
- Yaz: Heart and blood disorders
- Zithromax (Z-Pack): Heart-related risks
- Zofran: Heart-related risks and birth defects
The FDA has warned consumers of the dangers of many of these drugs. Some have received a “black box warning” to advise consumers of the dangers of using the drug.
Individuals who have been harmed by a dangerous drug – and those who have lost a loved one due to a dangerous medication – may be eligible for significant compensation.
Going up against large pharmaceutical companies requires a great deal of knowledge, skill, and confidence. It is advisable to work with an attorney who has specific pharmaceutical drug litigation experience.
For a free consultation with an attorney from Cutter Law P.C., call 888-285-3333. We can help you determine your options for filing a dangerous drug lawsuit.