Matthew is a Sacramento native and attended the University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law. Matthew graduated from McGeorge with Great Distinction and concentrations in intellectual property and business law.
At Cutter Law, Matthew primarily practices personal injury, class action, and insurance bad faith cases. He is a firm believer that every person has a story, and that his job is to present his client’s story in the most compelling manner. He also understands the importance of working with his clients to make their litigation experience as smooth as possible.
While in law school, Matthew was a Certified Legal Intern at the Sacramento District Attorney’s office. Matthew dedicated the first few years of his career to representing clients in business litigation at a well-respected Sacramento business law firm, where he successfully defended his clients against wrongful termination actions, intellectual property disputes, and wage and hour claims. Matthew’s experience in the business litigation arena gives him a unique and invaluable perspective of the defense mentality, helping him to effectively represent clients and maximize results.
In his free time, Matthew enjoys woodworking, playing baseball, swimming, and photography.
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions
- Personal Injury
- Wildfire Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Employment Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- California, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2016
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: 2020-2021
- Best Lawyers Ones to Watch: 2021
- McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, California
- J.D. – 2015
- Graduated with Great Distinction
- Concentration in Intellectual Property Law
- Concentration in Business Law
- University of California, Irvine
- B.A. – 2012
- Major: Criminology, Law, and Society
- Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Membership
- American Association for Justice, 2018