Casey Kaufman – Of Counselinfo@cutterlaw.com
Casey Kaufman has represented injured people for over 15 years. He specializes in matters against insurance companies, government entities, large corporate interests, and product/medical device/pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Casey graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in Environmental Sciences. While at the University of San Francisco School of Law he was a published member of the USF Law Review.
Casey is licensed to practice law in California, Arizona, Nevada, Washington, and the District of Columbia. He has experience across a wide variety of personal injury matters and has successfully represented clients who have suffered life-changing injuries or have lost a loved one.
For his entire career, Casey has been very active in local and state-wide legal associations that focus on access to justice and consumer safety issues. Casey was the chair of the Consumer Attorneys of California New Lawyers Division and has been a member of the CAOC Board of Governors for over 10 years. He is also currently on the Board of Directors for the Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers’ Association.
Casey has lived in the Bay Area for over 25 years, currently in Alameda with his wife and three children.
- Full Investigation of the Accident Scene Can Reveal Other Responsible Parties, Advocate, May 2017
- The Person Most Qualified Deposition – Tools and Tips, CAOC Forum, March/April 2016
- Fully Investigating the Car vs. Pedestrian Incident, Plaintiff Magazine, July 2015
- The Public Entity Case for the Pedestrian and Bicyclist, Plaintiff Magazine, July 2014
- Bauman, the Supreme Court, and the Gutting of General Jurisdiction, The Trial Lawyer, Spring 2014
- Order of Putting on your Witnesses, CAOC Forum, November/December 2012
- The Quest for Diversity in the Plaintiffs’ Bar: Statistics and Reflections, The Trial Lawyer, Spring 2011
- Whither San Mateo County: No Longer Where Plaintiffs Fear to File?, The Trial Lawyer, Fall 2010
- Do Auto Products Liability Claims Have Life After Bankruptcy?, The Trial Lawyer, Fall 2009
- Enforcing Judgments Against Local Public Entities In California, The Trial Lawyer, Summer 2009
- Effective Use of the PMK Deposition, The Trial Lawyer, Summer, 2008
- Design Immunity: Discovery to Defeat Summary Judgment, CAOC Forum, Volume 38, Number 5, September/October 2008
- Oregon v. Ashcroft: The Attorney General’s Attempt to Override State Controlled Medical Practice, 37 U.S.F. L.Rev., Summer 2003 (cited at 7 Witkin, Summary 10th (2005) Constitutional Law, 572)
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Dangerous Condition of Public Property
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Mass Torts
- Elder Abuse
- Consumer Protection
- Civil Litigation and Trials
- California 2004
- Nevada 2006
- Arizona 2007
- District of Columbia 2007
- Washington 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. – 2004
- Law Review
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- B.A. – 1999
- Major: Environmental Sciences
Honors and Awards
- 2021 Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Personal Injury Litigation – Oakland: This award signifies the highest overall peer-feedback for one lawyer per specialty and location.
- Best Lawyers Every Year Since 2014: For personal injury litigation. Nominated lawyers are voted on by their peers for inclusion in this elite group.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent: Highest Level of Professional Excellence and Ethical Standing
- SuperLawyers 2016-2020: Given to 5% of attorneys through peer evaluation.
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2009-2015: Given to 2.5% of lawyers under 40 years of age.
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- CAOC Presidential Award of Merit 2011; 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys of California: Board of Governors since 2008
- Consumer Attorneys of California: Past Chair New Lawyers Division
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association: Board of Directors
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association: Member
- American Association for Justice: Member
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group: Member
Past Employment Positions
- The Brandi Law Firm – Attorney
- Law Offices of Stephan C. Volker – Clerk
- Alameda County District Attorney Environmental and Consumer Protection Division – Clerk
- Carroll, Burdick & McDonough – Paralegal