As of a recent announcement from the Consumer Attorneys of California*, Brooks Cutter of Cutter Law P.C. is a finalist for the CAOC Awards this year! As a finalist, Brooks Cutter stands a good chance at winning this year’s Consumer Attorney of the Year!
The case that garnered the attention of the CAOC this year was C. Brooks Cutter, Robert A. Buccola, Steven M. Campora and John R. Parker, Jr.
Doan et al. v. State Farm General Ins. Co. In the case, lawyers fought (and won) against State Farm. The insurance agency was forced to change how it depreciates personal property after a fire or theft.
* The Consumer Attorneys of California is a “professional organization that represents the interests of 39 million Californians” (CAOC website).
What Is The Consumer Attorneys Of California Award?
The CAOC gives an award to a “plaintiff’s lawyer who achieved a significant result in a case that assisted consumers or changed consumer law for the better in California” (the CAOC website). Typically, the types of cases that make an attorney eligible for the award include:
- People killed or injured by defective products (like drugs and pharmaceuticals)
- Those that suffered age, race, gender, or disability discrimination
- People who’ve had their civil rights violated
- Workers injured on the job
- People who had their lives impacted due to insurance companies act in bad faith
- Medical malpractice cases